Welcome to the homepage for assessment in the College of Arts and Sciences at the University of New Mexico. Below, you may find important deadlines for the year as well as templates to help you with reporting. If you are interested in available reporting templates and rubrics or in learning more about assessment, please go to the Resources page.
If you have any questions, please contact the current Special Assistant to the Dean for Assessment, Eva Rodríguez-González, at email@example.com.
Plans and Reports
Assessment Plans: accepted at any time
1. There are changes in UNM Assessment of GenEd coursework. These changes will start taking place during 2019-2020 academic year (Deadline submission: May 15, 2020). While in transition, GenEd reports from Area 6 ONLY still need to be submitted in Fall 2019- Friday, September 27, 2019 following the "OLD General Education Reporting procedure".
Note for AREA 6 GenEd Reporting Fall 2019: GenEd reports should cover the 2016-2017, 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 academic years. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. CAS Assessment Coordinator will host a workshop on Tuesday, September 10, 2019 at 11.00am- Languages Area VI- Old & New GenEd Assessment- ORT 335 (Reading Room)
Deadlines and Submission Form:
2. Degree Program (Undergraduate and Graduate) Reports Due: Friday, December 6, 2019
When submitting Undergraduate/Graduate Degree Program reports, please submit TWO documents:
1) Merged Template Form: Degree_Program_Merged_Template.pdf
2) Self Assessment Maturity Rubric: Self-Assessment Maturity Rubric
If you experience any technical difficulties with the Degree Program Form, click here for some guidance: merged-plan-report-guidance.pdf
For additional assistance, contact email@example.com
Note: Program reports should cover the 2018-2019 academic year. These reports should be submitted every year.
Submit reports by emailing attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Friday, August 23, 2019 at 10.00am- Academic Program Review (APR) Self Studies & Data- DSH 220
- Friday, September 6, 2019 at 10:00 am - Renewing Your Assessment Plan- DSH 220
- Friday, October 4, 2019 at 10:00 am - Building Useful Rubrics- DSH 220
- Friday, November 8, 2019 at 10:00 am - UNM Data Pathways and Resources- DSH 220
- Friday, November 15, 2019 at 10:00 am - Assessing Using Focus Gropus- DSH 220
Fall 2019 - Workshops by College of Arts and Sciences Assessment
- Tuesday, September 10, 2019 at 11.00am- Languages Area VI- Old & New GenEd Assessment- (Reading Room 335, Ortega Hall)
- Friday, October 18, 2019 at 11:30 am - Degree Program Assessment Workshop 1 (Room 120, Mitchell Hall)
- Friday, November 1, 2019 at 10:00 am - General Education Assessment Workshop 1 (Reading Room 335, Ortega Hall)
- Tuesday, November 5, 2019 at 9:00 am - General Education Assessment Workshop 2 (Reading Room 335, Ortega Hall)
- Tuesday, November 5, 2019 at 10:00 am - Degree Program Assessment Workshop 2 (Reading Room 335, Ortega Hall)
Register here for UNM Assessment workshops: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=MJiqJfngK0iJfho7PIVeXBtF4LH_kTtLn2uX73XSlmVUMUU4NzlUR1hXU1QyQ0g4RkVEMk5VOEtZTS4u
Templates and Rubrics
If you are looking for templates and rubrics, please visit the Resources page.