Philosophy Advisement FAQ
Departmental Advisement FAQ
Scheduling an Appointment
The College of Arts and Sciences Advisement Center is putting the following safety preventative measures in place to ensure the health of our staff and students during COVID-19 (http://www.unm.edu/coronavirus/). All advisement appointments will be handled virtually. Arts & Sciences Advisors are available to you during this difficult time. Our full schedule will be appointments, no walk-ins. Appointments will still be the normal 30 minutes sessions. When scheduling an appointment in LoboAchieve, please indicate the following:
- Method of appointment- Select from Skype Call or Phone Call.
- Skype Call- In order to do a skype call, you will need to download SKYPE FOR BUSINESS at this link. You can download this to your computer or from your cellular device app store. You will need to login with your UNM netid and password.
- Phone Call- If it is necessary for you to have a phone call appointment, please provide us with your phone number. We will call you at the time of the scheduled appointment from a blocked number.
- Reason for your appointment
- Holds on account
- Class schedule
- Registration questions
- Other (Please give a brief explanation of the reason for the appointment)
Current students may check their Registration Hold(s) on LoboWeb:
- Log-in to my.unm.edu using your UNM Net ID and Password
- Select the Student Life Tab
- Click on LoboWeb
- Click on Registration (Add/Drop), Course Search, Check for Holds
- Check My Registration Status
- Choose Term
New Student Learning/ Graduation Planning: If you have a hold for Graduation Planning or New Student Learning Workshops, online versions of these will be emailed to you. If you have a Department Orientation hold, your advisor will contact you about how to resolve that via distance. Please monitor your UNM email for updates.
Admissions Hold: Contact Admissions at 277-8900
Bursar Hold: Contact Bursar at 277-5363
New to A&S Hold: Contact the Arts & Sciences Advisement Center at 277-4621 to set up appointment.
Probation Holds: Probation meetings require two back-to-back appointments scheduled with the ENGS advisor.
Philosophy Department Orientation Hold: Students receive this after they have completed the admission coursework with grades of “C” or better:
- PHIL 2225 or 2210 or 2220 or 2240.
- PHIL 1115 or 1120 or 2225 or 2210 or 2220 or 2240
Registration Errors and Restricted Sections
Check the catalog for prerequisite and/or co-requisite courses at - catalog.unm.edu
To view the Major in Philosophy: http://catalog.unm.edu or degrees.unm.edu.
Walk-ins are held on Tuesday afternoons and all day Fridays. My office is in the Humanities building room 259.
The undergraduate faculty advisor is Brent Kalar - firstname.lastname@example.org
Students can check their registration dates by:
- Logging into my.unm.edu
- Clicking on Enter LoboWeb
- Click on Registration and Records
- Click on Check Your Registration Appointment Date
Please always refer to the Registrars website for semester deadline dates, to add or drop courses, find out if forms are needed, or if there is a fee - https://registrar.unm.edu/.
Graduating seniors - If this is what should be your last semester run an audit and everything should appear green. At the very top under the charts it should read “ALL REQUIREMENTS COMPLETED WITH IN PROGRESS COURSES USED”.
If it does you are good to go pending you pass your classes and don’t make schedule changes.
If it does not, you need to see an advisor ASAP to see what you are missing.
You can sign up for the graduation ceremony at https://graduation.unm.edu/