Physics and Astronomy Advisement FAQ
Departmental Advisement FAQ
Scheduling an Appointment
The College of Arts and Sciences Advisement Center is putting the following safety preventative measures in place to ensure the health of our staff and students during COVID-19 (http://www.unm.edu/coronavirus/). All advisement appointments will be handled virtually. Arts & Sciences Advisors are available to you during this difficult time. Our full schedule will be appointments, no walk-ins. Appointments will still be the normal 30 minutes sessions. When scheduling an appointment in LoboAchieve, please indicate the following:
- Method of appointment- Select from Skype Call or Phone Call.
- Skype Call- In order to do a skype call, you will need to download SKYPE FOR BUSINESS at this link. You can download this to your computer or from your cellular device app store. You will need to login with your UNM netid and password.
- Phone Call- If it is necessary for you to have a phone call appointment, please provide us with your phone number. We will call you at the time of the scheduled appointment from a blocked number.
- Reason for your appointment
- Holds on account
- Class schedule
- Registration questions
- Other (Please give a brief explanation of the reason for the appointment)
Current students may check their Registration Hold(s) on LoboWeb:
- Log-in to my.unm.edu using your UNM Net ID and Password
- Select the Student Life Tab
- Click on LoboWeb
- Click on Registration & Records
Registration (Add/Drop), Course search, Check for Holds
Check My Registration Status
See Your Phys/Astro Advisor Hold: Contact your faculty advisor to make an appointment. If you don’t know who your faculty advisor is, you can check here. If you don’t have a faculty advisor assigned to you, email Ylva Pihlström at email@example.com and ask to be assigned to one.
New Student Learning/ Graduation Planning: If you have a hold for Graduation Planning or New Student Learning Workshops, online versions of these will be emailed to you. If you have a Department Orientation hold, your advisor will contact you about how to resolve that via distance. Please monitor your UNM email for updates.
Admissions Hold: Contact Admissions at 277-8900
Bursar Hold: Contact Bursar at 277-5363
Department Orientation Hold: To lift this hold, schedule an appointment with me through LoboAchieve.
New to A&S Hold: Contact the Arts & Sciences Advisement Center at 277-4621 to set up appointment.
Registration Errors and Restricted Sections
Check the catalog for prerequisite and/or co-requisite courses at catalog.unm.edu
New Common Course Numbers for Classes in the Major:
For course numbers in other subjects, please check this link.
New Course Number
Old Course Number
Survey of Physics
Survey of Physics Laboratory
Physics and Society
Physics of Music
Physics of Music Laboratory
Introduction to Applied Physics
Algebra-Based Physics I
Algebra-Based Physics I Laboratory
Algebra-Based Physics II
Algebra-Based Physics II Laboratory
Problems in Algebra-Based Physics I
Problems in Algebra-Based Physics II
Calculus-Based Physics I
Calculus-Based Physics I Laboratory
Calculus-Based Physics II
Calculus-Based Physics II Laboratory
Problems in Calculus-Based Physics I
Problems in Calculus-Based Physics II
Calculus-Based Physics III
Calculus-Based Physics III Laboratory
Problems in Calculus-Based Physics III